Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Backyard Astronomer New York City Light Pollution And Binoculars?

New york city light pollution and binoculars? - backyard astronomer

What is left out, I live in Queens, New York. Therefore, I see only the most prominent star (Pullox Castor, Procyon, Arturo Antares, Spica, Regulus (and some other stars of Leo), but not all), a capella, Vega and Deneb. I know people say, take a drive with a less polluted area of the light, but with my telescope, I see more stars. I have books such as "Turn left, and Orion," "Night Watch" and "Universe," "The Backyard Astronomer's Guide's", "Astro-Pack", "Atlas of the constellations. I use these instructions (eg" Turn Left at Orion ") as a guide to see me to other galaxies and nebulae. However, you must begin a star in a constellation before he can search the galaxy or nebula, for example, M51, M81 and M82 in Ursa Major reason, but if I Telescope is in my browser I see a lot of stars and configuration Mjor Osa completely lost in the stars. If anyone has this problem and living in a contaminated area with light, like me, still think a pair of binoculars is the solution?

0 comments:

Post a Comment